Pack it up!
Using the right supplies can make all the difference in packing.
Packing with sturdy boxes is key when moving. People often make the mistake of using free boxes or just throwing items loosely in bags. There are many reasons why you should consider investing boxes designed specifically for moving.
- Free boxes may have been structurally damaged by their original contents.
- Often free boxes don’t have tops. This makes stacking very difficult – not to mention you can’t close the box and safely tape your belongings in.
- Bugs and larvae easily live in produce boxes – this could infect your new location and the belongings you store in the box.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® has created tips for packing to help prevent damage.
- All boxes need to be closed and sealed with packing tape. This makes it easier to stack and protect your things.
- Using packing paper when wrapping precious items. Ink on newsprint can stain your breakables.
- Don’t use duct tape! Use packing tape. Duct tape doesn’t stick to corrugated cardboard boxes.
- Use boxes designed for the items you are packing – dish pack for dishes, wardrobe box for clothing.
Please visit our moving tips page for more hints on how to help your move go smoothly.